[dm-crypt] configure

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:32:03 CET 2015

On 12/07/2015 03:12 PM, Almeida, Gabriel wrote:
> While trying to install cryptsetup and I get the following error…
> Steps are done as follows:
>

> $ git clone https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup.git
>
> $ git checkout v1_7_0
>
> $ cd cryptsetup
>

> At this point, instructions are asking to run ./configure, however
> there is no such file inside.

Configure is distributed in tarballs, downloaded from
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/cryptsetup/

For git branch you need to run ./autogen.sh to generate it.

> So while running ./autogen.sh  I get the following error:
>

> configure.ac:42: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
>
> If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>
> See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> configure.ac:156: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT

You do not have all development packages installed.
(I guess pkgconfig or gcrypt devel here.)

I do not know your distro but better use tarball, run pregenerated
configure and it will probably print more info.