[dm-crypt] btrfs and "requested offset is beyond real size of device"

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Mon Feb 16 08:24:26 CET 2015

Just one data-point: LUKS does not store device size. It gets
queried on mapping. What it stores is the data-offset, i.e.
where the data-area starts after they keyslot-area.

Can you reproduce this with strace and a password that is not
secret? ("strace cryptsetup ...") That should tell us in which
call the error happens.

Arno