[dm-crypt] [ANNOUNCE] cryptsetup 1.6.7

.. ink .. mhogomchungu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:18:46 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:54 PM, Milan Broz <gmazyland at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/23/2015 07:38 PM, .. ink .. wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Milan Broz <gmazyland at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Feedback and bug reports are welcomed.
>>>

>> It build fine but there is a warning when building with gcc 4.9.2
>>
>>  CC       libcryptsetup_la-utils_fips.lo
>>   CC       libcryptsetup_la-utils_device.lo
>>   CC       libcryptsetup_la-libdevmapper.lo
>> libdevmapper.c: In function 'dm_status_device':
>> libdevmapper.c:765:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'stat'
>> [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>>   if (strchr(name, '/') && stat(name, &st) < 0)
>>   ^
>
> Strange. (btw it builds without warning on gcc5, at least in Fedora).
>
> Anyway, if you see some missing include there, please send me a patch.
> I do not see this error here...
>
> Thanks,
> Milan

this link[1] says stat() is defined in <sys/stat.h>.This header is not
included in libdevmapper.c and i think thats the source of the
warning.Adding the missing include here silenced the warning.

is sending a patch still necessary?
i have prepared or send one :-) and doing so will probably take much
more time that you just adding the missing header file(IMHO)

[1] http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xsh/sysstat.h.html