[dm-crypt] LUKS linux encrypted file system causing file corruption

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Mon Nov 30 15:16:46 CET 2015

Hi Sumit,

There are several possibilities. After you have made sure
that noting is chanmging the source during the copying,
the remaning possibilitiy is data corruption.

The first thing is to get an idea how many bytes are
different.

  cmp -b file1 file2 | wc

does that. Please run this (may take long) and post the
results.

One of the usual suspects in data corruption is RAM.
You ma want to run a memory-check overnight, just to
be sure. See FAQ Item 4.3 and 4.4:

  https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/wikis/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Regards,
Arno