[dm-crypt] question to crypt_format function

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 11:46:38 CEST 2015

On 10/21/2015 11:19 AM, Stephan Giehlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the fast answer. The cryptsetup binary itself works on the arm
> device. I added debug logging to my source. When I perform the
> crypt_format function I can see the Log "#Crypto backend () initialized".
> On my developer virtual machine are more information - like "#Crypto
> backen (Linux 3.7.10-1.32-desktop kernel CryptoAPI) initialized".
>
> Is there any missing additional call to initialize any crypto backend?

No, it should be automatic. (The example works as it is in sources.)
So it depends what crypto backend libcryptsetup was compiled for (empty string
in message is definitely wrong), you apparently
use non-standard configuration (kernel crypto API is not default backend).

Anyway, I cannot say more without reading logs and strace.