[dm-crypt] Basics

Mike Nagie promike1987 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:12:08 CEST 2015

Thank you guys for your awesome explanation.

As we just have concluded that a Diceware passphrase is much more
secure, then I'd like to ask you: should I need more than one LUKS key?
-I'm the only user-
The original idea was, creating an encrypted partition for the /home
then I'm going to set a very strong master passphrase (I assume that
slot 0 is the master) after that I add another LUKS key which is the
same password as my account's.

Does more than one LUKS key reduce the security?
If Key Slot 0's passphrase was 'cleft cam synod lacy yr wok'
and Key Slot 1 would be 'a'.

Does the whole thing worth anything? Does it matter if I have a really
strong passphrase and a not that strong second phrase?

You are so lucky!