[dm-crypt] Basics

Mike Nagie promike1987 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 20:20:40 CEST 2015

Ok, so it just probably weakens the security, as I can add less secure
passphrases, and this case the other slot would be the weakest link.
On the other hand I will have two passphrases and it's less likely to
forget/lose 2 passphrases at once.

The source that that's a good idea:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Device_encryption#Key_management

Or do you suggest a key file rather than a Diceware passphrase which
would be written down on paper? Or just one passphrase, because you
don't agree with this practice.

On 15-09-27 16:51:12, Michael Kjörling wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2015 18:12 +0200, from promike1987 at gmail.com (Mike Nagie):
> > I'm going to set a very strong master passphrase /.../ after that I
> > add another LUKS key which is the same password as my account's.
>
> Why? What do you hope to achieve by doing that?
>
> --
> Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se
> OpenPGP B501AC6429EF4514 https://michael.kjorling.se/public-keys/pgp
>                  “People who think they know everything really annoy
>                  those of us who know we don’t.” (Bjarne Stroustrup)

You are so lucky!