[dm-crypt] LUKS is written to a device with no partition table. Is it possible to add a partition table?

Joe Hillenbrand joehillen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 21:54:48 CEST 2016

As many of you suggested, since I only have 2.8TiB of actual data, It
wouldn't hurt to just buy a 3TB drive for this process. It's better to
just spend the money rather than risk losing my data.

It's not like I won't have a use for it in the future. I even have an
extra slot in my RAID array, so I can just stick it there.

Turns out this problem just needed counseling rather than technical advice. ;)

Thank you!