[dm-crypt] Cryptesetup and dm-crypt

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Wed Apr 27 18:35:49 CEST 2016

At the very least, it is a safety issue, as all documentation
and all relevant help given here says block size is 512 bytes.
It is also a compatibility issue, as volumes done this way
would only work on your specific system and could not be
accessed and recovered anywhere else.

My stance would be sure, shoot yourself in the foot, but do
not call the result "LUKS".

Regards,
Arno