[dm-crypt] LUKS encrypted hard disk crashed. Recovery question

Saibal Kumar Adhya saibalka at yahoo.co.in
Fri Aug 19 10:57:13 CEST 2016

Dear experts,   I had a 500GB hard disk which was encrypted using the following specification.
type:    LUKS1cipher:  aes-xts-plain64keysize: 512 bitsdevice:  /dev/sda5offset:  4096 sectorssize:    999708672 sectorsmode:    read/write
Pass phrase is known.
Unfortunately, the hard disk crashed sometime back. It is a hardware fault. There was no backup.
A data recovery agency managed to recover 50% of the sectors. However it is unable to recover any data as the original disk was encrypted.
So now trying to figure out how to de-crypt and recover some of the data?
I'll be extremely grateful if you can provide some answer. Thanks in advance.
--Regards~Saibal
Saibal Kumar AdhyaDebian user and Linux enthusiast.