[dm-crypt] About CVE-2016-4484: - Cryptsetup Initrd root Shell

Arno Wagner arno at wagner.name
Wed Dec 7 14:00:12 CET 2016

Hi Jonas,

one thing I find particularly telling is that CVE-2016-4484
is still unpublished and there is only a placeholder:

http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2016-4484

This rather strongly indicates to me that this was all about
publicity and not about security at all. If they cannot
even be bothered to have that CVE actually out some 20 days
after making a splash at a conference and hyping it to the
press, this cannot be of any importance, security-wise...

Regards,
Arno