[dm-crypt] TrueCrypt is discontinued - here are the alternatives

Sophie Hunt sophie.hunt at ctechemail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:13:19 CET 2016

Hi,

I noticed you've shared TrueCrypt on this page https://unstable.nl/cgi-bin/man/man2html?8+cryptsetup, as you may be aware, development of TrueCrypt was discontinued back in 2014 and has subsequently not been maintained. A number of security flaws have been uncovered and as a result we are reaching out to people to highlight a list of alternatives.

Here's the list (along with further details about TrueCrypt no longer being maintained) - https://www.comparitech.com/blog/information-security/truecrypt-is-discoutinued-try-these-free-alternatives/, when you update your page it could be a useful resource to point your visitors to.

-Sophie
Don't want emails from us anymore? Reply to this email with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.
Comparitech, Kings Lodge, London Road, Sevenoaks Kent, TM15 6AR, United Kingdom