[dm-crypt] The future of disk encryption with LUKS2

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:17:41 CET 2016

On 02/03/2016 02:13 PM, .. ink .. wrote:
> I am curious about what problems luks1 current has and how luks2 is
> going to fix them but there
> seem to be no documentation about luks2 anywhere.

Yes, and it is just because I am completely out of time (I have planned
to send some information week ago :-)

> I just came across this link here[1] and i am very much interested in
> this presentation.Will it be
> recorded and posted online?

Yes, but this is just high level talk, do not expect anything useful for developers.
(It should be recorded.)

Anyway, please give me few weeks, I expect the design discussion will happen here
(I have a lot of to say why I am trying to do it this way.)
I just prefer to discuss existing proof-of-concept code that theoretic discussions.

For now, LUKS2 is experiment (partially proof-of-concept of some ideas
of configurable keyslots, partially as testbed for my university work
as implementing Argon 2 as PBKDF2 replacement etc).

(You already found one serious mistake in code, so do not use it yet :)

> Will any of the materials used in the presented posted online
> somewhere for the rest of us to see?

yes

Milan