[dm-crypt] The future of disk encryption with LUKS2

f-dm-c at media.mit.edu f-dm-c at media.mit.edu
Mon Feb 8 22:45:40 CET 2016

    > Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 22:08:31 +0100
    > From: Arno Wagner <arno at wagner.name>

    > My argument only relates to sectors getting corrupted by
    > power failure, not other things. For that, the drive must
    > become unable to write in mid-sector.

Ah, just hardware sector corruption.  I thought the discussion had
drifted into how to properly manage redundant writes in general in
LUKS, given the discussion of generation numbers and so forth.  (If
it's just corrupted disk sectors, those will either be unreadable,
or the entire header will presumably fail a checksum.)