[dm-crypt] Size of LUKS header and how to overwrite

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Feb 10 21:29:07 CET 2016

Ah, I see. Well the FAQ gives alternatives and more information on the
size of the header for different keylengths and so on. But as the
header+keymaterial can hardly be bigger than the offset of the encrypted
payload on the backing device a dd with count=payload-offset and bs=512
indeed does the trick.

Of course you'd have to check the payload offset of that particular
container and not mix any numbers etc. .

Regards

-Sven