[dm-crypt] Alignment issue with 4K disk

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Mon Jan 4 22:31:07 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an encrypted volume on an external disk which has 4k
physical sector size (with 512b logical sector size).

I've used various parted option (-a none / minimal / optimal) and various --
align-payload options to cryptsetup, but everytime I luksOpen the container, I
get a kernel log with:

janv. 04 22:25:04 scapa kernel: device-mapper: table: 253:4: adding target device sdb1 caused an alignment inconsistency: physical_block_size=4096, logical_block_size=512, alignment_offset=0, start=4194304

(argument for start= changes for different values of the --align-payload)

I'm not sure it's really serious, but any idea how to fix that?

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis