[dm-crypt] Cross-compile cryptsetup on Android

Ralf Ramsauer ralf at ramses-pyramidenbau.de
Sun Jan 24 17:32:55 CET 2016

Wait a minute, hang on.

First of all, Android may run on several architectures, 'some binary'
will not necessarily run on your device.
Second, if you're doing research on computer security, I strongly
recommend to compile it on your own and not just to execute some foreign
binary. As a side effect, you will understand how things internally work.

Third and most important and please someone correct me if i'm wrong
here: AFAIR Android uses its own homemade androidish libc for system
calls with invasive changes (for some licensing reasons, afair). Because
of this, it might get hard to get cryptsetup running on android.

Cheers
  Ralf

On 01/24/16 11:55, shengdexinqing at sjtu.edu.cn wrote:
> Hi.
> I want to compile cryptsetup on Android,but there are a lot questions
> on cross-compile.Do you have any Android version bin?Please send me
> one.Thank you a lot

> 张月衡,Yueheng Zhang
> Email: shengdexinqing at sjtu.edu.cn
> Laboratory of Cryptology and Computer Security(LoCCS)
> Web address: http://loccs.sjtu.edu.cn
> Department of Information Security Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
> No. 800, Dong Chuan Road, Min Hang District, Shanghai, 200240, China

Ralf Ramsauer
GPG: 0x8F10049B