[dm-crypt] Issue with crypttab

Arbiel (gmx) arbiel.perlacremaz at gmx.fr
Sun Jul 24 23:18:28 CEST 2016


Hi

So, well. I understand this is not the right place to report bug on
cryptsetup, even if the manpage states that

REPORTING BUGS
       Report  bugs,  including  ones  in the documentation, on the
cryptsetup
       mailing list at <dm-crypt at saout.de>

Arbiel


Le 23/07/2016 03:56, Arbiel (gmx) a écrit :
> I understand the issue may be related to my distribution, however let me
> please present the case, and you will maybe help me resolve the difficulty.
>
> I'm presently trying to go from Ubuntu 14.04 (cryptsetup 1.6.1) to
> Ubuntu 16.04 (cryptsetup 1.6.6) and the problem comes with Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> I want to decrypt 3 logical volumes, victor-root_1604, victor-home and
> victor-root_alt as my /etc/crypttab file show
>
> |grep -v -e "noauto" /etc/crypttab | grep -v -e "^#" victor-root_1604
> UUID=22847149-1399-491b-b166-007a50938c5f
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/4146dfad-26f0-4aec-99c3-8ab00c3e4297:/.victor-root_1604:1
> luks,keyscript=/lib/cryptsetup/scripts/passdev victor-home
> UUID=37447a61-f946-4d38-a398-5a886c4e3f22
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/e4fa73a6-92bc-4d1e-98b0-7b6d92661ae4:/.victor-home:1
> luks,keyscript=/lib/cryptsetup/scripts/passdev victor-root_alt
> UUID=bcc1027f-6078-449f-a26c-99706b5b59b4
> /dev/disk/by-uuid/4146dfad-26f0-4aec-99c3-8ab00c3e4297:/.victor-root_alt:1
> luks,keyscript=/lib/cryptsetup/scripts/passdev|
>
>
> It turns out that /etc/crypttab is indeed read and used by
> /etc/init.d/cryptdisks during the start-up of the system.
> I extracted from the system logs the errors related to this decrypting,
> with the following results
>
> |journalctl -x -p 0..3 | grep -e "dev-disk-by.* a échoué" -- Subject:
> L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-4146dfad\x2d26f0\x2d4aec\x2d99c3\x2d8ab00c3e4297:-.victor\x2droot_1604:1.device
> a échoué -- L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-4146dfad\x2d26f0\x2d4aec\x2d99c3\x2d8ab00c3e4297:-.victor\x2droot_1604:1.device
> a échoué, avec le résultat timeout. -- Subject: L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-4146dfad\x2d26f0\x2d4aec\x2d99c3\x2d8ab00c3e4297:-.victor\x2droot_alt:1.device
> a échoué -- L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-4146dfad\x2d26f0\x2d4aec\x2d99c3\x2d8ab00c3e4297:-.victor\x2droot_alt:1.device
> a échoué, avec le résultat timeout. -- Subject: L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-e4fa73a6\x2d92bc\x2d4d1e\x2d98b0\x2d7b6d92661ae4:-.victor\x2dhome:1.device
> a échoué -- L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-e4fa73a6\x2d92bc\x2d4d1e\x2d98b0\x2d7b6d92661ae4:-.victor\x2dhome:1.device
> a échoué, avec le résultat timeout. -- Subject: L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-4146dfad\x2d26f0\x2d4aec\x2d99c3\x2d8ab00c3e4297:-.victor\x2droot_alt:1.device
> a échoué -- L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-4146dfad\x2d26f0\x2d4aec\x2d99c3\x2d8ab00c3e4297:-.victor\x2droot_alt:1.device
> a échoué, avec le résultat timeout. -- Subject: L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-e4fa73a6\x2d92bc\x2d4d1e\x2d98b0\x2d7b6d92661ae4:-.victor\x2dhome:1.device
> a échoué -- L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-e4fa73a6\x2d92bc\x2d4d1e\x2d98b0\x2d7b6d92661ae4:-.victor\x2dhome:1.device
> a échoué, avec le résultat timeout. -- Subject: L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-4146dfad\x2d26f0\x2d4aec\x2d99c3\x2d8ab00c3e4297:-.victor\x2droot_alt:1.device
> a échoué -- L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-4146dfad\x2d26f0\x2d4aec\x2d99c3\x2d8ab00c3e4297:-.victor\x2droot_alt:1.device
> a échoué, avec le résultat timeout. -- Subject: L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-e4fa73a6\x2d92bc\x2d4d1e\x2d98b0\x2d7b6d92661ae4:-.victor\x2dhome:1.device
> a échoué -- L'unité (unit)
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-e4fa73a6\x2d92bc\x2d4d1e\x2d98b0\x2d7b6d92661ae4:-.victor\x2dhome:1.device
> a échoué, avec le résultat timeout.|
>
> Sorry for the language, but translation goes that way :
> - "a échoué" --> "failed"
> - "avec le résultat" --> "with the result"
>
> So, these lines say that the decrypting of victor-root_1604 failed once
> and succeded on the second try, whereas the decrypting of the other two
> logical volumes failed on the three tries. This situation does not arise
> with Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> Have someone an idea on what is going wrong ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>
> Le 21/07/2016 15:42, Michael Kjörling a écrit :
>> On 21 Jul 2016 14:53 +0200, from jacques.berger at gmx.fr (Jacques Berger):
>>> <html><head></head><body><div style="font-family: Verdana;font-size: 12.0px;"><div>Hi</div>
>> Please resend your e-mail in a more readable format. I suggest plain
>> text.
>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> dm-crypt mailing list
> dm-crypt at saout.de
> http://www.saout.de/mailman/listinfo/dm-crypt


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 230 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://www.saout.de/pipermail/dm-crypt/attachments/20160724/46ef94f3/attachment.asc>


More information about the dm-crypt mailing list