[dm-crypt] Quorum system on decryption passphrase

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Mar 30 17:02:37 CEST 2016

Hi Fernando,

I am not sure about what you are asking. Do you mean that a (single)
person needs to enter 2 (different) passphrases for 2 (different) slots,
to unlock the device? If so, the answer is no, as each keyslot, when it
is unlocked, gives you the device encryption key.

If you are asking if you can give 2 different passphrases to two people,
where each phrase unlocks one of the slots - yes, that is the very
purpose of LUKS.

Reagrds

-Sven

P.S.: You might want to clarify your question a little more, if you are
asking something else.