[dm-crypt] Quorum system on decryption passphrase

Selim James Levy sjtlevy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:14:53 CEST 2016

Hi Fernando,

There could be an ugly-ish hack to accomplish what you need.  It isn't
scalable to a (much) larger number of people, however.

Let the 3 people's names be be A, B, and C (in that alphabetical order) and
their respective passphrases be A*, B*, and C*.

You could tell the three people that if 2 of the three wanted access, they
would type in their passphrases *one after the other* in the person's
(name) alphabetical order.  You would then only need 3 passphrases: A*B*,
A*C*, and B*C*.

As I said: this is an ugly hack.

Best Regards,
Selim