[dm-crypt] LVM on LUKS: volumes missing

fauno fauno at partidopirata.com.ar
Mon May 30 23:26:38 CEST 2016

Hi, maybe I'm too shocked but I couldn't find anything on this issue :)

I have a fully encrypted HD using the LVM on LUKS method from
ArchWiki[^0], with the LUKS header and key file on an external device.

Today I started having some disk failures (root remounted ro, xfs
partition giving errors), and after I decided to reboot to run fsck, I
can't find anything.

When the encrypted partition is opened, I don't see any errors, not even
on dmesg, but LVM can't find any volume.  They're just missing.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks!

[^0]:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system#LVM_on_LUKS

--