[dm-crypt] Failure to encrypt a big disk - missing kernel module?

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sat Apr 15 04:35:40 CEST 2017

On 2017-04-14 22:11, Arno Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 19:02:18 CEST, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> [...]
>> But when I umount it, systemd mounts it again behind my back!
> [...]
>
> What a nice, professional tool! One more reson to stay away from it.
> Maybe I should start an FAQ section "Problems caused by systemd".

Maybe it wasn't systemd this time, I'm not sure. Just now I had a look
at the desktop (XFCE), and it had a file manager view of the new
partitions on the disk. Desktops also have that feature, opening new disks.

I was using the computer remotely over ssh (the monitor was used for
TV), so I did not see the desktop view.

Maybe cryptsetup could detect mount status? :-?

> Anyways, thanks for posting the details, they may help others
> in the future.

Welcome!

--
Cheers / Saludos,