[dm-crypt] Fwd: Detect successful passphrase entry for dmcrypt +LUKS from initramfs busybox prompt

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Sat Apr 22 13:13:31 CEST 2017

On 22 Apr 2017 11:22 +0100, from dominic at timedicer.co.uk (Dominic Raferd):
> [ -z "$DONE" ] && echo " Failed, sorry." || echo " Success! Boot is
> proceeding"

As an aside, consider adding a read to the failure case. That would
give the user a chance to reboot the system manually before the boot
continues, which is particularly useful in the case when files within
the encrypted container are required for a successful boot.

I was in a very similar situation for a while but with ZFS, where if
the ZFS pool import failed for some reason the system was _mostly_
bootable but aside from fixing whatever caused the pool to not import,
I'd have to also clean out a bunch of directories so that the file
systems would mount cleanly. (ZFS does not do overlay mounts by
default.) That wasn't particularly fun!

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se