[dm-crypt] Decrypt a volume without user intervention

Marco Cavallini cavallini.koan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:00:50 CEST 2017

Hi,
I'd like to use something like a keyfile instead of a passphrase for
my encrypted volume.
My goal is to decrypt my volume without user intervention.
For example I can read the UUID of a disk partition and use that as password.
The easiest place where to add my code seems crypt_get_key() function
in lib/utils_crypt.c

Maybe someone already came across this problem and I am trying to
re-invent the wheel, for this reason I'm asking advice to the dm-crypt
gurus.

Comment and hints will ve greatly appreciated.
Thank you
--
Marco