[dm-crypt] Decrypt a volume without user intervention

Sven Eschenberg sven at eschenberg.eu
Wed Aug 23 11:59:00 CEST 2017

Hi Marco,

It does not seem very smart to use a UUID as a passphrase. With this,
you can aswell ditch the whole encryption alltogether.

Depending on your distribution, it might be straight forward to use an
external USB-Thumbdrive holding the passphrases and use that for
automatic decryption. Some distros will let you choose to have the
passphrases stored on USB or have them stored i.e. in a GPG-Keyring on a
thumb drive.

Regards

-Sven