[dm-crypt] crypetsetup and GPT partitions

Houtchen, Steven shoutchen at curtisswright.com
Wed Feb 8 14:44:07 CET 2017

dm-crypt,

I did get the scenario to seemingly work where I encrypt the whole block device, and use
parted to creates a partition on the device mapper device. I attached a file showing the
command sequence..

My questions here are:

Is this a valid use case, and also, can I set the starting block on my partition
On the device mapper device to be at 1 MB, or would that conflict
with any of the Luks header info on the actual drive?

Steve Houtchen
Senior Software Engineer

Curtiss-Wright
2600 Paramount Place, Suite 200, Fairborn, OH 45324
T: 937.610.5420 | F: 937.252.1465
shoutchen at curtisswright.com<mailto:shoutchen at curtisswright.com> | www.curtisswrightds.com<http://www.curtisswrightds.com/>