[dm-crypt] GEOM_ELI support in dm-crypt/cryptsetup

Milan Broz gmazyland at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 23:23:30 CET 2017

On 12/30/2016 07:31 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Followup to myself:
>
> A patch for cryptsetup follows. It does not talk to the kernel interface
> yet, but it can decode v7 of the GELI header.
> Keyfile support is next to decrypt the encrypted metadata in the header.

I think we can implement it as just another supported on-disk format but
it will need some testing images and full integration in libcryptsetup
(similar to TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt formats).

I can do that myself but I would like to have full documentation and/or
implementation of parsing of GELI on-disk format.

And it will take some time (maybe create issue for it in project tracker).

Anyway, thanks for working on this!