[dm-crypt] TrueCrypt is discontinued - here are the alternatives

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Jan 4 16:31:02 CET 2017

The original post referenced an autogenerated htmlpage, derived from an
elderly man-page. The original post had no point, as man pages are not
hypertext and don't link anywhere.

The reference (to tcrypt) is outdated, since TC is dead and should be
removed. As simple as that.

Aside from that, the original post was (auto)generated as clickbait, it
just does not make sense at all. No human would write such a pile of
steaming bs.

Neither was TC 'shared' (claim) on the autogenerated page, nor is an
autogenerated html on some arbitrary host under cryptsetup project's
control (claim). Further there's no alternative to cryptsetups TC legacy
mode, as claimed by the mail. It is just part of cryptsetup and limited
to using the container. On top of that, the link to the blog post by
some mischievous company with the intention to get known better is
clickbaiting, no matter how you look at it.

And that certainly qualifies as spam.

Regards

-Sven