[dm-crypt] found more than one resume device candidate

scar scar at drigon.com
Thu Jan 12 05:50:40 CET 2017

I have cryptsetup 1.6.1 installed on Ubuntu 14.04, i went and installed
the uswsusp package for hibernation, and i am getting the warning below
when update-initramfs is running:

cryptsetup: WARNING: found more than one resume device candidate:
                      ubuntu-swap
                      10147778-13f7-4a70-96ff-45635098d128

I found some other discussions/bugs about this but the authors indicate
that the two candidates are the same.  But in my case, the 101... uuid
doesn't exist, and the uuid for ubuntu-swap is f32...  The config file
/etc/uswsusp.conf has the correct resume device defined (the f32... uuid
for ubuntu-swap).

I wonder where cryptsetup is finding that 101... uuid from?  Is there an
old config somewhere that i can update/remove that old uuid from?

Thanks