[dm-crypt] help mounting partitions in an encrypted disk after first reboot

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Sun Jun 18 20:45:17 CEST 2017

On 18 Jun 2017 17:40 +0200, from arno at wagner.name (Arno Wagner):
> A fix might be to just call "partprobe" after opening the
> LUKS container.

That is indeed a _far_ better solution than what I had in mind.

As for LVM vs non-LVM, while I don't use LVM myself except for one
system which I could wipe and reinstall right now if needed and not
lose much more than some web browser settings; LVM _does_ offer a few
niceties that are hard to get with plain partitions, and it is in
widespread use. But I absolutely agree that it is an additional
complex layer of things that can go wrong.

As a famous scientist once allegedly said: always make things as
simple as possible, but never simpler.

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se