[dm-crypt] Open a LUKS container storing the operating system, with a header file in another location

21naown at gmail.com 21naown at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 02:39:17 CET 2018

Hello,

I would like to open a LUKS container (which is the OS Debian) through
GRUB, but with the header stored in a USB key for example. Through the
file crypttab
(https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/cryptsetup/crypttab.5.en.html), it
seems possible to specify the path of the header, but I have different
failures and I do not know where the problem is.

Do you have an example for Debian? (ArchLinux provides some fragments of
examples, but it does not seem to work with Debian; other sites do not
help either, but I have not tried any examples with scripts through
initrd and I would like to avoid use them)

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards.