[dm-crypt] Several issues with cryptsetup 2.0.0

Jordan Glover Golden_Miller83 at protonmail.ch
Sun Jan 14 14:58:08 CET 2018

>1. The output of "sudo luksDump /dev/sdd1" looks pretty ok, except that
> Argon2i uses only the absolute minimum amount of RAM 131072 KiB/128MiB.
> I read in one of Milans last posts on this list that --iteration-time
> takes precedence over the memory setting. But as I used the default
> options with 8GB of RAM I would have expected something way more in line
> with the examples on parameter choice from the IRTF Argon Draft paper
> (p. 12f).

​Debian experimental is currently at 2.0.0~rc1 version released on 1st November.
There were some new commits after that, https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-cryptsetup/cryptsetup.git/log/ i.e. default min memory cost for Argon was changed from 128MB to 1GB.
You may want to build and test updated version from debian git.

Jordan