[dm-crypt] problem cryptdisks_start

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Fri Dec 24 11:01:55 CET 2010

On 12/24/2010 10:28 AM, Milan Broz wrote:
> On 12/23/2010 10:39 PM, Benno Rieger wrote:
>> Most time (but not everytime) when i call cryptdisks_start it reports:
>>
>> #cryptdisks_start extern0
>>
>> Starting crypto disk...extern0 (starting)...
>> semid 2293761: semop failed for cookie 0xd4d580e: incorrect semaphore
>> state
>
> This is problem in device-mapper library (which cryptsetup uses).
>
> Which version you have installed? What architecture it is?
> (I remember similar bug on ppc here which as fixed upstream)

FYI - check that this patch (included in device-mapper 1.02.49)

Fix semctl parameter (union) to avoid misaligned parameter on some arches.
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/LVM2/libdm/libdm-common.c.diff?cvsroot=lvm2&r1=1.69&r2=1.70

(and possible others) is included (I see on Debian unstable still use 1.02.48).

If not, please report bug to Debian. It is not easy to convince Debian lvm/dm
maintainer to do an update there, though:-)