[dm-crypt] cryptsetup won't accept password after normal reboot

wucherpfennig studhalter.daniel at bluewin.ch
Fri Feb 5 09:31:34 CET 2010

Am 04.02.2010 20:19, schrieb Heinz Diehl:
> On 04.02.2010, wucherpfennig wrote:
>
>> It's me again. I don't know whether I have to check all languages or anybody can
>> explain what happened?
>
> Did you try to load the US keymap, and did you type your password after
> that? If you tried, and the result was not satisfying, you should type
> your password in a console which has loaded the US keymap, note that on a
> piece of paper, and enter it next time you boot your encrypted partition.

I tried that just right now. With US keymap I typed my password
according to the physical layout I see on my table and "translated" to
US keymap, means I wrote down all the keys I have to modify to get the
password like I entered/confirmed with CH layout... Don't know whether
you thought I should do i right that?