[dm-crypt] Help! Command failed: /dev/sdd1 is not a LUKS partition

M Thomas Frederiksen mahasamoot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 23:23:32 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 13:08, Arno Wagner <arno at wagner.name> wrote:

> Why would you, is /dev/mapper/sda3_not fine?

It's fine at the moment.  But expect it not to work as soon as I add the
other volumes to my btrfs.  Remember btrfs has a built-in volume manager.

> > ?  Would that be the same UUID_SUB for other /dev/mapper/sdX_crypts?
>
> I don't think so.
>
> > And
> > would grub / boot scripts be smart enough to figure out that it needs all
> > three device files?
>
> Grub is not involved. What your boot script does, I have no idea.

Grub needs to know how to get the root device(s) setup.

--
Cheers,
~Thomas

Ted Turner <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html>  -
"Sports is like a war without the killing."