[dm-crypt] crypsetup segfaulting during luksFormat

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Jul 8 04:22:35 CEST 2010

Okay, let's see:

gcc --version
gcc (Gentoo Hardened 4.4.4-r1 p1.0, pie-0.4.5) 4.4.4
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.

I am not really sure it is a problem in the source, maybe some awkward
scenario.

If you say, the source did not change, maybe you could recommend some
sort of testing scenario. I'd feel happy to contribute here. Currently I
feel just stuck...

Regards

-Sven

P.S.: Last time I had to set up a mapping(initially) (as in luksFormat)
was like 1 year ago (or somethign amog these figures)... so maybe I just
did not hit the bug (before) in the last couple of months ...