[dm-crypt] crypsetup segfaulting during luksFormat

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 14:46:58 CEST 2010

On 07/09/2010 02:18 PM, Sven Eschenberg wrote:
> Okay, back to the beginning, which options do we (I) have to investigate
> this further?

I will eventually install hardened gentoo here, I see no apparent bug in code,
so need reproducer.

Just I am busy with lvm urgent problems, so this is low priority currently
(it is in Gentoo bz since 2008 or so... not many people are affected probably)

If you have failing system and an idea or patch which helps - send it to me.
(It can be bug in signal handling in hardened patches or so... no idea,
probably best start with fixed iteration count in code and then try adding
what part of code cause segfault.)