[dm-crypt] anyone already tried the parallel crypto engine

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Tue Jul 27 10:16:20 CEST 2010

On 07/26/2010 11:53 PM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Just wondered whether anyone has already tried CONFIG_CRYPTO_PCRYPT
> which was introduced with 2.6.34, IIRC.

PCRYPT is currently not useful for dm-crypt at all, do not waste time with it.
I hope one day it will be usable and support all algorithms:-)

There was a lot of discussion regarding dm-crypt scaling, middle term
solution for now - please read this
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/993158/
(Note, it is not universal solution - it will never distribute work
to another cpu. I wonder how this will scale with pcrypt...)

I'll send more info here when the patches will be in upstream tree
(there are still some minor problems I have open in my local tree,
I hope it will be in upstream in next few days - it must go through
device-mapper maintainer review now).