[dm-crypt] Efficacy of xts over 1TB

Ietf Nist ietfnist at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 00:25:53 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 25/07/2010 Milan Broz wrote:
> On 07/25/2010 05:28 PM, Arno Wagner wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 02:25:32PM +0200, Milan Broz wrote:
>
> >> Seriously, XTS-AES is FIPS140-2 approved and I see no problem to use it.
> >
> > Well, I basically do not see the algorithm. Maybe searching for 15
> > Minutes was not enough, but when something is hidden in Crypto,
> > I always become very suspicuous.
>
> Draft is here (referenced from Linux kernel crypt XTS implementation)
> http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1619/email/pdf00086.pdf

In debian bugreport #494584, the IETF NIST submission for cipher XTS was
mentioned and linked. IETF had it online publically available until the
3. of September 2008. I fetched this document by then, and uploaded it
to several free file hosters:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b2b8488/n/1619-2007-NIST-Submission.pdf
http://ul.to/uzyryq
http://speedshare.org/download.php?id=EBD56BF911
http://www.mediafire.com/?asf5nocdx75svsa
http://rapidshare.com/files/409054345/1619-2007-NIST-Submission.pdf
http://collectr.in/?d=16631C421

Be aware though that it's prohibited to copy and/or redistribute this
document.

Have fun.

PS: don't reply to sender address, it's a fake account. instead you
should reply to the mailing list directly: dm-crypt at saout.de