[dm-crypt] raid5 (/dev/md0) w. luks broken - can't decrypt

Stygge styggere at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 20:10:58 CET 2011

Hi ...

My google-fu does not seem to be sufficient for this :-(

I have a 2.9 TB raid5 consisting of 4 700GB sata disks with no spares.

The raid failed a few days ago claiming that 2 of the 4 disks were
'failed spare'.

After fiddling a bit I re-booted the machine the raid came up nicely,
but my passphrase isn't recognised any more.

'cryptsetup -v luksDump /dev/md0' seems to indicate that the luks
header is readable and that Key Slot 0 is ENABLED

All attempts to luksOpen the devide result in "No key available with
this passphrase."

I'm at my wits end - can anyone help with some insights please? :-)

/S - never mind all the media files etc. but all my photos are on that
raid (yes backups would have been nice right now)