[dm-crypt] Problems mounting device with cryptsetup 106.

Tyler Haske tyler.haske at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 09:41:49 CET 2011

Hi.

I've lost access to my data. I just set it up a crypt device yesterday.

# cryptsetup --version
cryptsetup 1.0.6

Yesterday I used this command:

#cryptsetup create archive /dev/sdb

I then did something to mount the /dev/mapper/archive to /archive.

but I can't remember what exactly.

Now I get this message.

#cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb archive
Enter LUKS passphrase:
Command failed: No key available with this passphrase.

I remember some bit about /dev/dm-0.
The last part I have is /dev/mapper/archive is an ext3 block device
that eventually maps to /archive.

I can't get #cryptsetup isLuks or #cryptsetup luksDump to work anywhere ...

Everything was working well until I restarted. Any help would be appreciated.

Tyler.