[dm-crypt] Luks Key slot deletion question

Greenberg, Aria arcgreen at iu.edu
Thu Mar 15 18:19:19 CET 2018

I've been researching something for a long time now, and I haven't had much
luck getting an answer, so I thought I'd ask this mailing list... My
question is regarding deleting a passphrase in a key slot for a luks
encrypted device. So I have two key slots enabled ( key slot 0 and key slot
1). I know the passphrases for both and I know that they both work when I
reboot the my host. I want to remove key slot 0 though. I would leave slot 1
alone, of course. Do you think removing slot 0 will cause problems? I've
been trying to research this and it's difficult to tell whether this will
break things(I thought there might be something significant about slot 0).

Thanks.