[dm-crypt] luks container write-protected and read-only, can't be mounted

cici-tor cici-tor at protonmail.com
Tue May 1 16:17:36 CEST 2018

Hello,

I hope you can help me.

I have a LUKS Container file called didi with files in it and mounted it (as didiOpen). While opening one file in the Container my Raspberry Pi crashed and made a reboot without closing and unmounting the Container.

Now I can open the Container but everytime when I want to mount the Container I get an Error, that the Container is read-only and cannot be mounted.

I use sudo mount -t ext4 /dev/mapper/didiOpen /mnt everytime.
Error:
mount: /dev/mapper/didiOpen is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: cannot mount /dev/mapper/didiOpen read-only

When I check cryptsetup status OpenContainer it said:
type:    LUKS1
  cipher:  aes-xts-plain64
  keysize: 512 bits
  device:  /dev/loop0
  loop:    /media/user/vid/didi
  mode:    readonly

Closing and opening the Container does not help. There I get no Error, so opening/closing is not the problem, only the mounting of the opened container.

How can I get my write permissions back or copy all stuff without mounting in a new container?
I've read luks write some special datas by closing the volume regulary? That is maybe the failure at the moment.

Thanks a lot,
didi