[dm-crypt] sane distro-installer options for cryptsetup was: Mildly OT: LUKS and the Debian installer

Michael Ranft m at michaelranft.com
Wed May 23 20:53:31 CEST 2018

On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018 18:21:06 CEST Michael Ranft wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018 01:18:55 CEST Diagon wrote:
> > On 05/22/2018 12:58 PM, Michael Ranft - m at michaelranft.com wrote:
> > > [...]
> >
> > Michael - I found the solution, which works on both Debian and Devuan.
> > I was given some kind help by someone on the Debian user's list, which I
> > am copying here:
> > [...]
> >
> > So, to explain my process for anyone who comes this way ...
> >
> >  [...]
>

> The installer options  for dm-crypt in  De[vu,bi]an seem a bit outdated, or
> at least not the standard dm-crypt is providing.
> The maintainer is hopefully aware of that.

I mean the installers' maintainer('s) ... even this is normally not the place
to ask for and just a rhethorical question here, sorry for OT.
Cannot speak for up-to-date-debian, wheezy was my last one.

> I would really like to know what others (esp. Arno and Milan) would
> recommend to use as a mnimum for a today's new installation (in a distro's
> installer), may it be plain or LUKS[2].

Nevertheless I'd like to hear about minimal recommendations of dm-crypt-folks
in new installs.

Michael